Followers

Thursday, 7 May 2015

Card making using May DoCrafts range for men



I will be making this at my Demo's in the Range stores in Reading (Saturday 9th may) Andover (Sunday 10th may) & Portsmouth (Saturday 16th may) why not come and see me ?
I have done this blog very much from a beginners point of view, sometimes I forget not everyone is an experienced paper crafter. I am using the New Mr Mister range, A4 ultimate die cut set 
See photo below

Start with a blank square card this is a Kraft one.





I chose my shapes from the die set above to fit the size of card you are using.
I chose a nice orange from the paper pack below & a black. 
The patterned paper came from the A4 pack
                     If you don't own a die cutting machine you could just use squares

On the black which has been cut slightly smaller than the square card 
So it shows some of the cards brown edge. Take your 
scissors and distress the edges (sort of rough up !)


                                        I like to use double sided tape to stick it to the card



 Before you stick it down to your Kraft card blank you might like to think of other ways to add interest. I am showing a few here on each layer so you can see.
Below , dip a dry brush into acrylic paint, splay the brush out a little by pouncing it on the rough paper as shown and softly drag it around the edges .


The next 2 layers  have 
had thier edges inked with navy ink


The technique shown above on the wood type layer is called pricking, just adds more texture and interest. Navy ink shown below



 Another nice edging is to use a pen and make faux stitching or even use a sewing machine


The checkered layer has foam tape instead of normal double sided , this will 3D the layer up , I added some bakers twine for more texture, see below photos








I chose a topper from the A4 pack , see the three pieces below



These were then layered with 3D tape and added to the card 


6 comments :

  1. Brilliant step by step and loving the card!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great 'man' card and super tutorial too! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janna this is a fantastic masculine card. Thank you for the step by step. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Janna, and a super step by step, thank you for sharing, good luck with your Demo's, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Janna & I love the look of that set!
    Makes me want to play!
    Hugs
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I do appreciate you taking the time to add a comment, thanks i love reading them all :-)