Followers

Monday 22 July 2013

Scrapbook page , retro



I started this scrapbook page with a grey striped 12 x 12 from the new capsule range called 'Festive'
it had nice soft colours for my black and white photo's
 next i matted the photo's on to a brown check page from the Christmas in the country
range, see packet below


 I chose another lighter check paper from the same pack and inked up a strip , see below

 I chose a designer shape from the pack shown below, the light green stripe complimented my colour scheme and pattern and then i inked the edges with chocolate dye ink pad ' Artiste range'

 i found a lovely light blue denim style paper in the tilly trotter pack as shown below. this also was ideal for my page and theme
 As you can see, below photo,  i used my artist pen (garnet ) to do faux stitching around the denim piece.
 I then discovered, as we often do, that i liked it this way up instead !  in the Christmas in the country pack there is a page which has lovely borders, i used a large strip at the bottom of this page and saved a small strip for the top edge too.

 I added my photo's on top of the strip. and the denim set them of f well .

 I added the second thin strip accross the top of the highest photo , i then added an envelope from the gorjus girls range. the little packs of envelopes are super for scrapbooking,  ( also used in a previous  scrapbook page with Maia and Isaac) I inked the envelope edge and added the name 'Paul' using letters from the A4 ultimate die cut set, tilly daydream. i used the garnet artist pen to dot around the letters

 I love this die for luggage tags. you will find instructions to make a proper luggage label with working strap too.  i also cut out the letters in the alphabet die for the title of the page.
 I added tiny buttons on left side of page, complimenting spots and colours.

 The Title die cut alphabets have the little 'holes' dotted in with the garnet artist pen

 This is a close up of the label when constructed , i have added a gem and ribbon around the envelope too.


2 comments :

I do appreciate you taking the time to add a comment, thanks i love reading them all :-)