Followers

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Christmas card with a difference

I made this card for my demo at the art of craft this Saturday 2nd August.
But I would also like to enter it into Hels Sheridan"s Sunday stamper challenge
If you would like to join in with Hels challenge you will find it :-  Here
This week it's - A Winters tale


This card has a removable reindeer to hang on the tree, it's held on with a red brad, but you can turn circle around so it's not naked when reindeer removed. Obviously you will have to put in a note or tell your friends how to do it :-)

This is the wooden  reindeer below



I painted it in cream acrylic paint. When dried I sprayed some butterscotch ink onto my glass mat and sort of dunked the reindeer in it randomly. Do this both sides.





 The card is 7x5 white , I used some gold mirror card for the first mat, but cut out a circle first as it won't be seen & I hate to waste gold card !!




So then I used a permanent marker to colour some jingle bells red, I also coloured a gold brad red too




I used a letter to Santa paper pack & chose a nice night sky blue stary one
To mat onto the gold card.




No idea why it looks red in photo above !

This is the A4 decoupage kit I used to pick out a circle Santa topper
To go on the reverse of my gold circle

See below, this is the reverse of the gold circle.

 
These are the stamps I used for the greeting
& some stars used too. On a white circle I stamped & embossed
This stamp & also stamped & embossed some stars around the card 
in white ink & clear powder



 So when the red brad is removed & the gold circle is turned around, fixed
Back with the brad, this is how it looks below photo.





1 comment :

  1. Gorgeous card, love that reindeer! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete

I do appreciate you taking the time to add a comment, thanks i love reading them all :-)