Well , it all started with me thinking a giant peg is wooden, right ? & Hels Sheridan's Sunday stamper Challenge this week is wood . So I got to thinking (good for my oap brain !)
Why not use lovely DoCrafts new botanicals & then I can show it at my demo's :-)
This is what I ended up with :- not just a peg , but a whole project !!
I found a nice solid bit of cardboard & cut it to fit inside the frame, I will cover it in
Eau de nil capsule paper before sticking it in though.
I painted my peg in acrylic paint that went with the Eau de nil nicely , see below
I then made a couple of holes in the top ready for my bakers
Twine & button hanger
Finally adding some crackle glaze on it
I had a little note book which I covered with an image from the paper pack
The life & journal stamps are from my stash :-)
The red ink is from a new set of artiste inks in a set
Of red /green together. This red ink was used to sploge on the raffia
And to ink around the note book
There is a button this photo but I added a rose topper over it later.
I had a great messy time painting my frame with a gorgeous pink acrylic paint
Then added my paper inside and lots of pretty embellishments
So, as you can see above and below I stamped and embossed a pretty rose
Stamp from the same range, I used chocolate brown pigment ink & clear
Powder, colouring in by swishing my red/green before mentioned ink set onto
My glass mat , oh and a bit of the brown too.
Picking up the colour with a wet paintbrush and building it up.
It was then cut out and decoupaged as photo below
I recently got into stencils ( I know, where have I been !)
& found a brilliant article in the craft stamper saying to make your own
Paste, mix baby powder with PVA glue & I tell you, it works a treat
I used tim holtz stencil & added some pink acrylic paint to the mix
I think it works well :-)
See the pink stripes on the above photo .
Another clever little trick 'A la Mr Holtz ' is to splodge ink on your mat add water
& randomly dunk your ribbon into it , this one is Bellissimo pink silk
I love the effect when dried with the heat gun
I tied the ribbon on the bottom along with a strip of pearls.
And this went over some very pretty pink lace
I finished off with butterflies cut from a sheet of botanicals paper