I was thrilled and excited when I won a challenge at A Vintage Journey, This gave
me The chance to be their guest designer and the theme is Autumn.
Find my post here :-)
Find my post here :-)
I found a frame with a mirror in a local bric-à-brac type shop and decided that this was going to be used for my project
Its for my daughters shop and I thought she would love to have her children's
Photos in there too.
It's Mixed media altered art , distressed and inked into submission ! I apologise that there is a photo of the side of my gate on the mirror side, really tricky to photograph a mirror with out getting me taking the photo in it ! And the glass on the photo side reflects.
I took the glass and mirror out of the frame to begin my painting.
This is the left side painted in Fresco pumpkin soup acrylic & then I dry brushed
Some TH picket fence in places to lift it a bit.
The part with the photo frames, I used a much loved paint i have had for years called stewart gill Byzantine.To add some distress I Did some
dry brushing with Hey Pesto fresco paint.
I used a Tim Holtz technique to add texture by using one of his stencils with embossing paste in red
and some stamping with a black pad for more interest.
i added bakers twine, a Tim metal 'family tag' & a tiny cross as my daughter is religious.
the next was fun bit, i used metal to do the painted industrial technique, but i used
distress inks as i wanted them to be like jewel colours. see below, great i think ! these are going on the sides of the mirror frame, this is the embossing folder i used on them before the inks
Below i have just added some close up details of all the additions , die cut TH tattered
flowers and leaves, French flight butterflies.
spray the bedroom with special moth spray before she goes to bed each night, (furniture polish !) hee hee
Below is little Eden Rose who is the other twin and very adorable too, not bothered about the creepy crawlies near her photo.
And below is Florence who is 4 and is a pickle !
i hope you like my project, thanks for looking.
and if you would now like to see the project that won the challenge origionally
the link is here