As usual I had great fun with this challenge, particularly as Tim said :-
The theme for August is:-
The theme for August is:-
muse /myo͞oz/: to become absorbed in thought or dreamy abstraction
In other words get totally lost in your creating & let the juices flow - I think !
I got very inspired on Tim's blog , a Paula Cheney embossing 3d tutorial called 'Discover burlap panel' I used a tag but used the vellum embossing feature, lovely fun !
If you want to join in the fun you have a couple of days yet, here is the link
Here is a side view as I would also like to add this to Hels Sheridan's Sunday stamper challenge
Called Deeply dippy - all about 3D - enter here http://pinkleart.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/sunday-stamper-week-322-deeply-dippy.html. You have till Saturday night for Hels challenge.
I found a nice thick piece of card which used to be a Filofax tab, who uses those
any more ?
I was going to avoid the holes, but then decided it might be cool with the holes !
So here is the die I used below
On Paula's tutorial , she used the gorgeous wallpaper vellum
From Tim, mine not arrived yet:-( but I found some
Pretty vellum in my stash, hot off the press, yonks old !
So I ripped it up a bit on the edges.
The photo below shows the tag , first white gesso added randomly
Them some lovely distress inks. Squeezed lemonade,
Seeded preserves & gold
I then thought I would try out my lovely new Dylusions stencil
I dabbed through the stencil with blue jeans & lilac inks
Photo below shows the tag with vellum on it too
I cut out (in the same thick card) my frameworks die, I didn't have
Exactly the same products but I got a great effect by rubbing versamark over it
& heat embossing with UTE powder & some lovely glittery
WoW powders, repeating a few times and dunking the hot sticky embossing powder into
Some of the powder on my mat !!
Doesn't it look and shiny sparkly and nice !
Below is a photo of the framework cut with all it's little 3D
Pads on it & also the ink & text stamp I used over the vellum
Before you stick down your framework die cut over the tag
(Which has the vellum already stuck on )
Thread a little raffia through the holes at the side
I cut out the die below & inked it over with adirondack
Lettuce & squeezed lemonade stain. I cut it up and threaded it through the windows
Of the framework before sticking it onto tag.
Then just fix it down in places, nice to leave a few sort of loose.
I used my lovely French flight framelits die and stamp set to
Make some butterfly's stamped & watercoloured to match
I hope you like the finished result, I even made a 'Paula bow' as Tim calls it.
Dunk your ribbons in spritzed inks & dry with heat gun.
Wrap it around your hand in loops, scrunch it up and tie in the middle
With a small piece of the same coloured ribbon.
Close up of some detail below